Friday, June 4, 2010

Crikey!

It has been a while since I last put my language skills for the betterment of humanity. When I was having my dinner today, I suddenly had this sudden unexplainable urge to spread the wisdom that I have been accumulating over the past several months. There is no better way to explain that feeling. May be, it's just the boredom caused by the loneliness of staying alone. When the economy is rebound, the young and the restless gets ambitious.As a result, the content and the lazy people lose their room mates.

Over this period, I have started using the social networking sites like never before. There is hardly a day when I don't visit facebook and twitter. While performing an ego search in google, I found that my tweets are all indexed by Google and other sites there by eternalising my online presence. Only a year ago, the results of a similar google search were not relevent beyond the second page. This time, it's relevant beyond the sixth page. All thanks to twitter and FB. If you can be bothered, you can see my recent tweets to the right side of this panel.

I started this blog entry keeping one idea in mind - html5. This is the technology which is going to change the way we perceive the web application today. But, that will be covered in the next post. Just don't want to trivialize html5 by talking about it in the same post which includes the boring details of my life.

Some say that the best way to overcome an addiction is to get so high, so often that you are tired of the junk. You are no longer able to find any kick from the stuff. So you discard that and move on to some thing different. I believe that this has happened to me. The only difference here is that, instead of actual drugs, I am tired of cricket telecasts. There were so many t20 matches in the past few months that by the end of the IPL Season 3, I was watching the matches mechanically, out of habit. Interestingly, I was watching a movie at the time of the IPL final. May be, it was just because RCB lost to Mumbai in the semis. I no longer rush home to watch a cricket match. I have over come that addiction. Or..., should I say I have switched to a new drug? The BBC TV series Top Gear has amazed me so much that now it's a part of my daily routine. OK. I am wrapping this up for another episode of TG Seaon 9. Crikey?

No comments:

Post a Comment