Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ramblings

Okay, so I have moved to my own apartment since the last post. But, hey, the last post was more than 14 months ago. Ever since I moved in here, I have been staying here on rent (euphemistically called maintenance charges). The cost is higher than what I used to pay as rent when I was sharing the accommodation. But, the benefits are certainly there - 24 x 7 power, nice view and security (noun). The most important thing is watching the reaction of my friends when they hear that I own an apartment in Bangalore - though that implies that I am a loser. I don't let anyone know that my mother partly funded it, else it will confirm the previously mentioned implication. So, psst...


I certainly miss the company of those guys who on occasions made my life hell, but presented me with some of the most memorable moments of my life. However, there is one big advantage - that since I am staying alone, I can continue my crazy lifestyle. I sleep at 3am, wake up at 10 am and on weekends, I watch CNBC and CNN at 4 am. That's when the Americans have their best programs aired. Although in hindsight,though I despise the fact that I do so, somehow I love to live in the moment. Not only have I succeeded in earning a reputation among my friends and family about weird timings, but also succeeded in getting some of them to follow my route. I have always given satisfactory explanations (in my mind) as to why I do this. I am hoping that I can change all these soon... Ah, who am I kidding? I will change it only if I have to. I that sort of guy who keeps himself awake till 6 AM, if he has to go to some place then, rather than sleep at 12 and get up by 6. In short, Newton formulated inertia and Jim Davis modeled Garfield after me.




I do realize that with this back ground image and my profile photo up there (not the Garfield one - although if I were a cat, I am very sure I could have been him), it looks as though I am going to jump off the cliff. No... I am not even remotely considering anything like that. Life is monotonous, boring, repetitive, yet fulfilling and hopeful. Recently, I was trying to write 3 essays - 300 words each - and they took me a month to complete. Needless to say, my confidence took a heavy beating. That was when I decided that I will write a blog entry with out absolutely any prior thought. Smug with the false sense of confidence, I am off - off for another long night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment